Sunday, October 06, 2013

The beginning of a few weeks in a different time zone

I'm sitting in the Fort Lauderdale airport waiting for my flight to Santo Domingo. My travel day yesterday was long but uneventful. After arriving in Florida I checked into my hotel, which ended up being reasonable given the price (it was mostly chosen for the free airport shuttle) and went to a restaurant suggested to me by the people at the front desk. It was located on a marina which had some of the largest boats I have ever seen.

No trip for me would be complete without a Silver Haired Fox experience so I went ahead and checked that off the list - walking back to the hotel a couple hours later with a bouquet of roses to leave behind for housekeeping. 

Plus I got a non-SHF offer for some yatching when I return in a few weeks. 

I guess the adventure has begun. Who knows what The DR holds.