Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Tune Tuesday - goodbye song

I've hesitated to put this song on here because I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about where I am emotionally.  I love this song but it was extremely heartbreaking to me at one point not all that long ago.  When I was healing from my breakup with SHF this song played on Pandora and I knew within the first hearing that is said everything I needed it to.  I can listen to it now with no sorrow and it has new meaning for me.  In particular, on the album version of the song (part of which is missing on this youtube video) it ends with the spoken phrase "I'm done."  I think this is why I like it so much - it says goodbye and talks about what the person misses and then it moves on.  This is what I've had to do.  Not because I've wanted to but because you have to if you want to survive.  And if I'm anything it's a put one foot in front of the other survivor. 

So don't take my love of this song the wrong way.  I'm in a good spot but that doesn't mean I can't or don't love this song for what it is.

No comments: