Monday, June 17, 2013

The comfort of friends

Memorial Day week I was able to escape for a number of days in Minneapolis/St Paul.  I've been in great need of some time with my easy friendships in MN and the recharge was exquisite.  Sometimes you just need time to be with people it takes no effort to be around.  My girls in MN are that for me.  When life gets frustrating and I need something real or time with someone who actually knows me I call one of them.  There's no faking it with them.  Sigh. (in a good way)

Sarah picked me up at the airport and we didn't immediately get her car broken into so that was a good step compared to other visits. haha  We went and had brunch at this great spot in Linden Hills and I got to go on and on about The DR and she got to catch me up on what's going on with her.  It was soul filling.  Then we got Jake and spent sometime with him and Aaron.

I got to meet Kristen's new little one, Gideon, and spend a good amount of time with Kristen and Michael on Memorial Day.  That was a treat because it seems like I never get enough time with her.  Gideon is adorable and such a good baby.  Even though it was a bit chilly we went on a walk from their house in an attempt to get Gideon to take a nap.  He decided I was too exciting to have around though and stayed awake all day.  That's what I like to tell myself anyway.



Jenny scooped me up from their house that evening and she and I got a couple of hours to catch up and talk and talk and talk before she took me to Jodi's house because she had to work the next day.  Tuesday Jodi and I hung out with my main man Walter.  We ran some errands, went to The Blue Door for lunch (ummm - I got a Jiffy burger which is a bacon burger with peanut butter on it - please don't try that if you want to ever be able to eat another burger without peanut butter and watching your weight is an issue.  You've been warned.), and went to her mom's house for a bit.  We watched a chick flick that night because Jodi's stinky husband Eric (j/k I adore the guy) doesn't like chick flicks - go figure - and having a chick flick buddy was a bonus for her.  I'm always happy to do what I can to make people happy.





The next day was Jodi's birthday! Jodi's birthday means a baseball game of course. I had tried to attend a game at Target Field two years ago and it was seriously rained out - like it meant it. The weather this week was a little touch and go so Jodi and I watched the weather very closely and kept our fingers crossed. Thankfully, God kept the storms away perfectly and the skies opened once we got back to the car from the game. It couldn't have been any better timing. The stadium is grand and the Twins actually won so it was all in all a great day. Eric had to be out of town for work so he owes me big time for stepping in and being the birthday buddy.


It was a huge sacrifice as you can tell.



Sorry about your face in this Jodi. :)
On Thursday, with time always being too short, Sarah came and got me from Jodi's house and we went to Jake's tee-ball game after a "quick" stop at Hot Mamma.  I love being able to be part of those activities since it isn't very often I get to be in town for the everyday stuff.  Aaron is his coach and Jake does a great job.  After that we went to a party at Kris' house.  It was great to see some of the girls from the Miami trip.  And that's all I have to say about that.






Friday Jake got sick so Sarah and I stayed pretty close to home during the day other than a walk around the lake.  I read my book a little and Sarah got some work done.  When I say I read my book a little, really Ely and I read together. 

I love this dog
That night Sarah and I went to the Lumineers concert.  As I mentioned earlier they were amazing.  I'm a bigger fan than I was before their concert and I can't wait to see them again.  It was great fun to go with Sarah and every time I hear them now I will think of her and ache a little.





Saturday was a Jenny day.  After a great breakfast at a place by Sarah's house she and I decided to head to Target Field to try to get tickets to the Twins/Mariners game.  Getting a ticket wasn't a problem and her brother and nephew were there also.  It was great to get to go to two games during the week and the fact it was against the Mariners on Saturday was a bonus.








We weren't quite as lucky on the weather but they got the game in and the seats we were in were under cover so alls well that ends well.  Well wait a minute, the game did NOT end well - after the Ms being up all game they blew it in the bottom of the 9th.  Such is the life of a Mariner. But we did stay dry.

After the game Jenny and went on a little shopping spree for her which was a lot of fun and then we spent some time at her house.  Sunday morning, all too soon, the week was over.

I could use six months there. 

Love you girls.

No comments: