Wednesday, April 03, 2013

What happens in Vegas can only happen in Vegas

My most recent trip included a stopover "on the way home" in Vegas to attend a work conference.  I feel very fortunate that I have an amazing group of coworkers that made being in Vegas fun despite the 13+ hour days.  The first night Steve, Windy, Barrie and I walked down the strip to the Bellagio (my request since it's my favorite spot on the strip) and ended up at Hyde.  It wasn't quite Hyde South Beach but it was a pretty neat spot.  We didn't stay once it transformed into a night club (whatever that means) but we had a drink, watched the fountains and listened to a great DJ.  I've become a huge fan of Hyde clubs.





My Manager and I.  I couldn't ask for a better boss.
The following day was a long one with work starting at 6:30 and getting over after 8 but I was able to meet up with Jason, a very close friend from college.  He is still doing his work as a magician and shortly after I sat down with him at the bar a bunch of colleagues walked by.  Rob was SO excited to get to meet him and it took about 30 seconds before he was asking him to perform.  Jason, ever the showman, was happy to oblige.  He will always amaze me.


That night we went to Mix which is on the top floor of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay where we were staying.  The views from up there were amazing.  The night was cool but comfortable.  It was a good way to end the conference.

I had one free afternoon because I stayed after our conference ended to see a client.  I was at the pool less than an hour after the sessions ended.  The conference was great and overwhelming with information and all I could think about was a lounge chair by the pool with my book. 
My client meeting was a rough one.  It's a very unhealthy kid that I support down there and it effected me enough that I was almost physically sick while at the home.  After leaving the house I went for a drive out toward the mountains to get some fresh air and clear my head before I had to scramble to my flight home.  My job is wonderful and horrible that way.  I have to work really hard to not get emotionally involved in the well being of my clients.  Instead, I have to focus on the professional side of the business.  It isn't easy for me to do which frankly is probably partially why I'm good at it but a meeting like that can set me back a day or two.  I was thankful to get home to my animals and a weekend of fun with friends and family.  I thank God for having a healthy family.

The next post will be about San Antonio.  That trip was ridiculous. I can't wait to go back through the days and choose the highlights of which there were many.

For now, I'm back in Eastern Washington and happy to be here but wondering about my life and what it is going to look like five years from now.

I want my life to be big, not just my out of town adventures.  I want my impact to be memorable.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I totally live vicariously through you and your travels... Glad Vegas was a good time!