Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tune Tuesday - perfectly on pitch

I wasn't sure where to take this post this week.  There have been so many new discoveries the last week or so - from Ben Rector to an ongoing overplay of The Lumineers to a discovery for me for the first time really of Of Monsters and Men to many loud renditions of Adele songs in the shower.  I decided instead though to go a completely different direction but one that is just as relevant.  Those other songs/groups can wait.

People have pushed and pushed and pushed for me to watch the movie Pitch Perfect.  I saw the previews at a movie one time and thought it looked good but I hadn't gotten it to the top of my viewing list yet.  Finally, Jen gave me her copy and my nephew and I watched it together.  Then I watched it again in California (because I MIGHT have brought Jen's copy with me.  It seemed too much like a KT/Erin movie).  Then I bought the soundtrack.  And then I listened to the soundtrack (twice) on my sunny So Cal run last Wednesday.  It was one of the best runs I've had in a long time.  My hips were sore after but it was 100% worth it.


This is a version of her doing it live on Letterman.  Also, totally worth watching.


And one final one to give you a taste of what the group songs are like (in case you haven't seen the movie).  This one got me a long ways on my run.  I was booking it. Keep in mind there are only voices here. No instruments.

No comments: