Wednesday, December 12, 2012

One of God's greatest blessings

As any of you who have been reading my blog for some time know, I am blessed by being surrounded by and loved by an incredible group of friends.  When I moved to Spokane almost three years ago I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to create a group of friends that would support me or love me in the way I have been loved and supported my entire life.  I had the comfort and stability of my family in town but I didn't know what God had in store for me in the friend department. 

Little did I know he had BIG things in store - as he always seems to for me.

Within a very short period of time I was introduced to a girl I work with who I'll refer to as TF.  We met originally volunteering for a fundraiser for Cancer Patient Care.  I also met another coworker that day who decided I was fun enough to be invited to the monthly internal "networking" event she organized with other USB employees.  TF was good friends with her and a regular attender at happy hour. 

My initial impression of TF was that she was one of the most true and honest women I had ever met.  I knew then and continue to know now that if TF says it, it is truth.  That's an impression I wish people had of me and I've learned a lot through our years of friendship about what it looks like to be an ethical person in all facets of life.

TF has been there for me when I have been a mess.  She is my Wii buddy, my budding wine drinking buddy/victim (here - see if you like THIS one) and the source of many side splitting laugh attacks.  She's my IM companion all day pretty much everyday, my Rite Aid, library, mall walking companion and someone who knows day to day things about me that a lot of people just don't.

My Spokane life would be missing something without her.  I have no doubt she is a lifer.  Our friendship is going to continue to grow as we move through this sometimes messy but always joyous life we live.
Big hugs TF.  You are an example to me everyday.

No stop being self-conscious about the praise and appreciation and get back on IM. 

1 comment:

BeautybeyondRubies said...

Wow. It's pretty rare to find a good friend like that. Yes... God always have great and Better plans for us beyond what we can imagine.