Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it

The Mayans have declared today at some point the world will cease to exist.  Well, their calendar will cease to exist anyway.  My lunch crew at work has been anticipating this day for a number of months now.  It has lead us down many rabbit trails in our often animated and all over the place conversations.  I'm not sure that any of us truly think today is the final day on this earth but when that seed gets planted your mind does go to some interesting places.

I have a project at work I'm dreading.  It is going to wait until tomorrow.  Just in case.

I've also been thinking some about how crazy my life has been since Thanksgiving.  It's been insane.  I have had a party (or two) every day for the last week and a half and before that I had one about every other day.  I'm ready for things to slow down a little bit.  I'm looking forward to some days out of town.  BUT I also started thinking about if time does end today I won't have wasted a moment of the last three or more weeks.  I have seen people I need to see, sometimes more than once.  I've given hugs and smiles and spread cheer to people I care about.  I've danced and laughed, eaten good food and had to much to drink. 

If the world is going to end I think now is a good time for it to happen.

I'm guessing you won't hear from me next week.  I am planning on some days to relax and enjoy the holiday.  I really hope to have a day or two where I have time to take Miss Moxie on a walk.  I'm excited to see Chris and Adrienne and have a night in Plain, WA with Kathy and Greg.  I have a ton of reading to catch up on.  It sounds about perfect.

Merry Christmas to those of you I won't have a chance to see and tell in person.  I pray the holiday will be filled with warmth and love.

No comments: