Friday, November 30, 2012

A Three State Day

I think it's sort of a novelty and a bit fun that I can easily get to three states and back in one day.  I made a quick trip over to Missoula, Montana yesterday for a client meeting.  It was a gorgeous drive over.  I haven't been beyond Coeur d'Alene for quite a while and I had forgotten just how beautiful the country is after you get beyond the lake.

I took along some Christmas music to listen to in the car since I knew it would be a long day.  I was completely blessed at one point by a song on one of Amy Grant's Christmas albums.  The song, Agnus Dei, came on just as I was driving through one of the gorgeous parts of the trip.  I was moved to tears as I realized how blessed we really are and how often I forget to notice.

This month, on Facebook, I have made a daily statement about what I was thankful for that day.  It has been great to look back and see just how blessed this month has been.  There have been very few days where I had to reach for something to be thankful for.

As we head into the Christmas season, I need to remember to take a moment during the hustle and bustle to be thankful for the ultimate gift we were given and the reason we celebrate.  I hope the beginning of your Advent time is full of joy and an awareness of the blessings around us every day.

No comments: