Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Just a few things

Chelan

It is one of my top three favorite places in the state.  Why do I even leave there?
________________________________________________________

Strange things make me happy.  Like this:


Just seeing my bike on my roof rack makes me think adventure.  I took my bike to Chelan with me Labor Day weekend.  What a blast. 

________________________________________________________

Speaking of adventure:


I'm going to the Dominican Republic in February for a week to serve on a mission with an organization called I Love Baseball.  It's parent organization is Children of the Nation.  I'm super excited and I know you will probably get sick of hearing about it between now and when I get back.

I really hope God is able to use me down there to touch some kids lives.  This is well overdue. 

________________________________________________________


Summer came to a close last Saturday.  It has been in the upper 70s all week though so Mother Nature hasn't gotten the message.  This was a great summer.  I was busy but it was all fun.  I really am blessed.  Today seems like a good day to take a moment and realize that.

________________________________________________________

With the end of summer also comes the end of baseball season.  This makes me oh so sad but this year I was left with one of the most beautiful evenings at Safeco for my final game.


Why do I even leave there?

No comments: