Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Let's Ramble a Bit about Baseball and Boys (well really they are the same)

Warning - this one's pretty random.



I was lucky enough to have work to do in Seattle so I was able to take in Opening Day. Well, I would have found a way to be there no matter what but it was nice to be able to be there after working for the day and feeling guilt free. It was a difficult game to watch but it was so wonderful to be in Safeco field with Kima and Jeanette that it didn't really matter. Just walking up to the field made me breath deeper. Seeing as that's been my mantra for the last three months or so it was exactly where I needed to be. I stayed in the coolest hotel and I'm staying there again in a week. I went and played trivia with Pete, Mark, Andy, Jess, Chris and Ann Marie after the game at this great little German bar. It was a great day.

I love baseball partially because I love to see the boys with the nice legs take the field.

Jack Hannahan may be on the DL but he's hot. Super hot. And he wears my favorite number.


Brandon League on the other hand is not hot.



Sometimes you carry crap around with you from the past. I was on a run in the beautiful sun this evening and realized I had this "thing" just clinging to me. I was able to shake it off and feel it just sort of roll off me. There really is something to this "breathing" thing I think. I love the spring because it's a time of rebirth and I always feel like I'm waking up after a long sleep. Being at Safeco on Monday and spending time with people I care so much about reminded me about the fact it is spring and things are new and exciting again. Baseball has a LONG way to go and so do I. I can breath in that and more easily shake off the stuff that needed to be left behind.

By the way - Franklin is hot too.


Can anyone say spring fever? :)

I went to an auction with Bret on Friday. We had a great time and I had a great time having an excuse to buy a new dress and spend some extra time attempting to look nice. I'm so happy that I've been able to get pulled into things in Spokane farely quickly. It has definitely helped with the transition and I'm starting to feel much more at home here despite being gone quite often. So far so good. We are supposed to have our first 70 degree day on Friday. Life is pretty good.

No comments: