Monday, April 19, 2010

The Common Cry

I have heard so often recently the cry of frustration from my single girlfriends of what does it take!? I am sitting in the airport right now waiting for my canceled flight to Seattle and eavesdropping like always and just overheard a lady talking to a friend in Boston who was saying the same thing. What's wrong with me? Why isn't he into me? What is it about me that isn't enough to make him move? I suppose if misery loves company it is nice to know women all over the country feel the same way. I guess I sometimes wonder if society has turned men into boys and made it impossible or at least improbable that they will take a chance, even in the safest of situations - or at least the situations that seem safe to start with. I don't know. My cry of frustration is the same as everyone else. Am I not enough or is there more to it than that? Where are/is the man who will see the value of these incredible women (me included) and not dare waste a moment of possible time? What and who in the world am I waiting for?

No comments: