Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Patience is a Virtue Right?

Life is interesting right now. I'm in a new job where I'm still learning daily (at least it doesn't feel completely like a foreign language anymore), I'm meeting new people, having new adventures, experiencing down time for the first time in a lot of years and learning to be patient - as seems to always be the case. I seem to be doing a significant amount of sighing lately.

I never realize how impatient of a person I am until there is something I want that I don't have complete control over. Right now there are a number of things but the "blogable" item is a new house. It's been fine living with my parents. I love them both dearly but it also has been a huge change - one that I wasn't really prepared for even though I thought I was. I've been living by myself for about nine years straight and off and on on my own for another four before that. I'm pretty good at living by myself. I actually really like it. It gives me a chance to recover in the evenings when I need to and I don't feel like I have to report to anybody. While I like to think I'm less self sufficient than I am I really do just fine fending for myself - I've had to learn how to out of necessity. I'm not saying it's how I want to live my life forever, but I thought once that cord was cut when I went away to college it wasn't growing back. It's been hard at times. So, I'm learning to be patient and notice my own bratty tendencies and learning how to think about someone other than myself on occasion as I save money for a down payment on a house here in Spokane. It's probably good for me and maybe preparing me for something in the future (another area of necessary patience - this one harder than the others actually. Baby step. Breathe. Baby step. Breathe.) that I'll need to have this life lesson learned for but phew, it can be a struggle. Thank goodness for the gym and some new and old friends who laugh about it with me and tease me mercilessly.

The rest of my life is taking some patience as well but that's something you'll have to call me about if you want the scoop on that one and haven't already heard it. Oh and it's far more interesting and exciting by the way.

No comments: