Friday, December 12, 2008

It’s Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!!

I’m not sure exactly why but I can almost feel the Christmas spirit in the air this year. Last year at this time I was not in a good place. I was dealing with some really emotional cases at work and some extremely tough stuff in my personal life. I sort of watched Christmas go by from a black hole.

This year I feel like Christmas is oozing out of my pores. I find myself singing Christmas Carols at the top of my lungs in the shower and whistling them throughout the office. I’ve enjoyed my Christmas shopping immensely and haven’t overdone things this year. I feel like I’ve been doing just enough. I’m excited beyond belief for the day to come but at the same time I am enjoying the build up so much I can hardly contain myself.

They are calling for accumulating snow in Seattle this weekend, Erin just got here for a two week visit and we are cutting down a tree (hopefully in the snow) on Sunday. I’m bouncing in my chair just thinking about it. Good thing Adrienne isn’t here yet or I might have just had to call in sick to work for two weeks.

I realized this week that I’m not the only one who is feeling this way. I live close to a major substation for our electric company. I know, not very pretty but it is what it is. Anyway, I was driving by the building on Monday night and noticed a particularly shabby looking tree near the front door. Draped around the tree was a string of Christmas lights. The whole visual was very Charlie Brown’s Christmas and I couldn’t stop grinning. It seems that perhaps the “hard times” this country is battling through has brought out the Christmas spirit in all of us.

No comments: