Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Music

I have the tendency to get "stuck" on songs or particular music. Since the end of March I have listened to at least one Colbie Caillat song at least once a day. I've been that way since I was a kid. I would listen to a song on repeat until I got it out of my system. It's probably how Jessy and I memorized the whole two sided tape of the story of ET. Colbie is still holding strong but I've now changed some of my fixation to Sara Bareilles. Most of you probably have heard her song Love Song. It's a good song but it doesn't really hold a candle in my book to two other songs on her CD. Yesterday I had a coffee meeting and a doctors appointment so I had some driving to do and I put in her CD and listened time and again to Many the Miles and One Sweet Love. Check out the whole CD but make sure to pay special attention to those two. I really like them for different reasons. Many the Miles is upbeat and hopeful and I identify strongly with the lyrics of One Sweet Love. If I was really good at this blogging thing I would figure out how to actually put the songs here for you to listen to but for now the lyrics of One Sweet Love will have to do. (Oh and PS - Gravity is pretty powerful as well)

One Sweet Love
Just about the time the shadows call
I undress my mind and dare you to follow
Paint a portrait of my mystery
Only close my eyes and you are here with me
A nameless face to think I see
To sit and watch the waves with me till they're gone
A heart I'd swear I'd recognize is made out of
My own devices....
Could I be wrong?

[CHORUS]
The time that I've taken
I pray is not wasted
Have I already tasted my piece of one sweet love?

Sleepless nights you creep inside of me
Paint your shadows on the breath that we share
You take more than just my sanity
You take my reason not to care.
No ordinary wings I'll need
The sky itself will carry me back to you
The things I dream that I can do I'll open up
The moon for you
Just come down soon

[CHORUS]
The time that I've taken
I pray is not wasted
Have I already tasted my piece of one sweet love?
Ready and waiting for a heart worth the breaking
But I'd settle for an honest mistake in the name of
One sweet love.

Savor the sorrow to soften the pain sip on
The southern rain
As I do, I don't look don't touch don't do anything
But hope that there is a you.

The earth that is the space between,
I'd banish it from under me...to get to you.
Your unexpected love provides my solitary's
Suicide...oh I wish I knew

[CHORUS]
The time that I've taken
I pray is not wasted
Have I already tasted my piece of one sweet love?
Ready and waiting for a heart worth the breaking
But I'd settle for an honest mistake in the name of
One sweet love.

No comments: