Thursday, April 10, 2008

Whoa Witchy Woman

My best friend for my entire life’s name is Erin. She is scattered throughout this blog so those of you who have been readers for a while know her from that and many of you know her outside of cyber space. She moved from Seattle to Orange County a little less than a year ago. Unfortunately, she had to have emergency surgery this morning. She is fine now, tired but recovering and will be in the hospital for about five days.

My mom has this uncanny ability to know when someone is going to call her or when someone needs a phone call. We call it being witchy. I think it probably is just women’s intuition. Evidently, it is genetic. Erin told me she wasn’t feeling all that great yesterday afternoon but I didn’t think much of it and she didn’t make a big deal about it. For some reason last night at 10:00pm I texted Erin to see how she was feeling. Guess what folks, Erin went to the hospital at 10:00pm last night. It is crazy how you can be so connected to someone that even a thousand miles apart you just know.

I am praising God that she is fine. I don’t know what I would do without her. Her fiancé and I have decided she is probably going to live another seventy years now and he and I are going to be “stuck” in heaven looking down when she is 100 years old. We will watch her go for another 30 mile run and wish she would hurry up and join us. I hope that is the case.

No comments: