Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Traditional Gender Roles

I met a seemingly nice guy on Monday. Seems normal, knows Jesus, has a job, decent looking and he gave me his number. That's a bit unusual for me. Usually, it takes a while for that sort of thing to happen - especially in Seattle where the men are frankly all wimps. But see now I'm perplexed. I don't want to make the first move but he tricked me by making a move I don't often see by giving me his number rather than asking for mine. I think it is the guy's job to first open the door - especially to the phone call thing - but I also know it takes two to play and I am not really willing to walk away from this one immediately. What do I do!? Call? Ugh.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Is this who I think it is??? Call him!!! Tell him I told you to, if that's what it takes! No but really, I think the next move is yours...

KermitFan said...

Call him. Gender roles and "The Rules" take too much time and effort. Call, chat with him, but wait for him to ask you out -- it's a compromise of sorts. :-)

HoneyBee said...

I agree, call him to show you are interested. He will make the next move but he's waiting to know whether he should or not.

Jessy said...

I say call him too. Otherwise you'll always wonder.