Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Arizona



I took two random days off the end of March and went to Phoenix to visit Kristin, Travis and Hannah, get some vitamin D and watch baseball from the outfield lawn. What a great time it was. Kristin and I had some good chats about her dad, I got a bunch of “baby time”, Travis made me laugh until my sides hurt, the Mariners won one and lost one which is more than what they are doing now, I had a fun convertible to drive around and put plenty of miles on it (the lady at the car rental asked if I had REALLY put 400 miles on the car in two days), did some great shopping and basically just took some time for myself.



I bought the Colbie Caillat CD because I needed some music to listen to while I was driving around in my nice convertible and now that CD screams Phoenix and sunshine and loads of laughs. I can’t stop listening to it. It was a therapeutic two days for me.





I really do love Arizona. I like the strange mountains that stick out all over the place. I like the odd looking cactus and I think the people there are really great. I met Kirsten, a friend who lives here but was down there for a few weeks, on the second day of my trip to go to a game and dinner before my flight out and we talked a lot about the pros and cons of living in Arizona. She lived there eight years and then moved back to Seattle (by way of Eastern Europe). Since my senior year of college I have thought about maybe making Arizona my home someday. I do love the water and that is a big thing to think about giving up but there is something about the climate down there and the people who also flock there. Plus I could buy a nice house with a minuscule mortgage if I sold my house here and moved down. Travis was busy convincing me that it would be a good idea to do that. Kristin and Kirsten are a bit more rational and both discussed that I needed to return in August before I made any type of move which I think makes sense. It is hard when you have only been somewhere for vacation. You forget you would still have to go to work and work hard, probably harder than I do here because I really am in an ideal practice if I were to remain in private practice, (although as a sports agent life would be different……..) I would come into life down there with a few friends – law school friends Robert and Rachel and of course Kristin and Travis but I would be leaving things I love up here too, including being driving distance to my family and my “family” in the PNW and I forget the Mariner’s are only down there one month out of the year so it would be a different life than what I experience when I am on vacation.



Anyway, it was an awesome time with Kristin and Travis (AND Kirsten) and it was topped off by a fun conversation with a cute boy from Chicago while waiting for my flight home. It made it a bit easier when they announced it was snowing in Seattle in March since I was distracted by the conversation at the time. I came back rested, revitalized and with a sunburned nose. I’m not sure what more I could have asked for.



The Little Things – Colbie Caillat

The little things, you do to me are
taking me over, I wanna show ya
everything inside of me
like a nervous heart that, is crazy beating
my feet are stuck here, against the pavement
I wanna break free, I wanna make it
closer to your eyes, get your attention
before you pass me by

So back up back up take another chance
Don’t you mess up mess up I don’t wanna lose you
Wake up wake up this ain’t just a thing that you
Give up give up don’t you say that I’d be
Better off better off, sleepin by myself and wonderin
If I’m better off better off, without you boy

So don't just leave me hanging on

And every time, you notice me by
holdin me closely, and sayin sweet things
I don't believe, that it could be
you speekin your mind and, sayin the real thing
my feet have broke free, and I am leavin
I’m not gonna stand here, feelin lonely but
I won’t forget you, and I won't think this
was just a waste of time

So back up back up take another chance
Don’t you mess up mess up I don’t wanna lose you
Wake up wake up this ain’t just a thing that you
Give up give up don’t you say that I’d be
Better off better off, sleepin by myself and wonderin
If I’m better off better off, without you boy

But don't just leave me hangin on.....

1 comment:

Wenikio said...

It's true! Arizona is a very awesome place (if you can get past the miserable heat and lack of water). If you move down, can I rent a room? I might move back with you... That's funny about the 400 miles. Where did you go?

I LOVE the Colbie Caillat album! I've been listening to it almost nonstop for the past three weeks!! Let's go for a drive, crank it up, and sing out the windows, eh?

ps- I see a dos gringos sign behind you.... :) Now I'm SURE you had a good time!