Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Two Elves and A Chicken

Lately I have been attempting to find anything and everything funny and grab hold. Well today I had lunch with two elves and a chicken. OK OK not REALLY two elves and a chicken but sometime around 1:15 I got the giggles and couldn't stop. For no reason really. I do that sometimes, just get overwhelmed with joy and the goofiest thing cracks me up. So to all of you, this may seem ridiculous but to me it is hilarious. Here goes (this is TOTALLY going to be lost in translation so just go with me, have a laugh over nothing and thank me for the excuse): it started with two of the most adorable electricians coming to my house to fix something in my attic. They were very short, well not VERY short, I mean compared to me most people aren't REALLY short but they were short for men. They were short and they were happy and helpful. It is no easy feat to get into my attic. Trust me. I've tried it and I can't do it. My dad broke my closet getting into it at Thanksgiving but these guys were just so happy to be climbing up over my law books (which I kept suggesting I move but they didn't want to put me out) and fixing my light. Short, happy guys that made me think of elves. Come on, that makes you smile right? Then, I was playing with my cat Tessie and she kept sitting on every toy that we were playing with so I called her a chicken. Suddenly, I realized I spent my lunch with two adorable Elves and a furry chicken. I'm still giggling. I know it seems dumb but spend any time in my head and you will see the humor in that. Besides Erin thought it was funny so at least I know it isn't just me. Well, that is still sort of like it just being me seeing as Erin's boyfriend says when she and I are together it is basically like we are walking around with ourselves and not OURselves but ourselves. Get it? ("have fun walking around with yourself today") Translating these things to words is not working very well. Oh well. At least I for one am grinning over it.

No comments: