Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Harley riding God mother

On Saturday I was given two big thrills. The first one was that my friend (more like a brother) Nathan and his wife Juli asked Erin and I to be the God mothers to their new baby Seth. We of course jumped with joy and told them yes. He is the cutest little guy you’ve ever seen. I actually got to hold him at the hospital just minutes after he was born. He is the smallest baby I have ever held. I can’t wait to watch him grow up.

The second thrill was that I talked to Nate about his Harley. I’ve wanted a motorcycle for a while now but also want a wave runner so I have ended up getting neither because of my inability to decide which one to buy first. Anyway, Nate has a Harley that his Uncle gave him and we got to talking about the fact that I have almost stolen it from his parent’s garage a number of times. Well, it turns out Nathan doesn’t mind me using it whenever I want. It seems like being a dad has mellowed him out a little and I think Juli prefers that he doesn’t ride it. So this spring, I’m taking the class and Nate is going to get me all checked out on it. It isn’t quite the crotch rocket I’ve been dreaming of but it is close enough AND I don’t have to pay for it. Brian and Mike I hope you are ready for a new riding buddy because as soon as the weather is decent I’m hitting the road with you. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

sarahdarling said...

I can't wait to see pictures of you on that thing!

KermitFan said...

You're a great pick for God Mother! :-)