Friday, November 23, 2007

Nicknames

I love nicknames. I don’t know if people figure that out about me and that is why I have so many or what, but I love it. If you call me a nickname or a pet name you are forever forged in my heart. KT is a common one. Bud calls me Lou. Erin calls me anything from the antichrist to Larry Louise McSchmigenschmoogen to Pet Monkey. My mom calls me something that I don't repeat for fear of it catching on. In college many people called me klthomps because of my email address or KL which still surfaces now and again. A couple days ago I was called baby a number of times. That’s my new favorite. Now I can’t get it out of my head.

I hope everyone had a blessed and love filled Thanksgiving full of traditions, new and old as well as love in whatever form that takes for you. Maybe you were fulfilled by a simple nickname. Maybe you were just filled. Either way, I hope you were all happy and safe.

No comments: