Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Summer 2007 (Part 2) The List




I have a list of approximately 100 things to do before I die. I heard it called a “bucket list” at the movies on Saturday; you know things to do before you kick the bucket. Some of the things I have checked off the list have been surprising – sing at Carnegie Hall, meet the President of the United States, “hang out” with the Mariners, etc – some not as surprising – own a home, pass the bar exam, graduate from Law School, etc. This summer I was able to check off another surprising one. I sang the national anthem at a professional baseball game. OK, maybe it was just the minor leagues but it counts and who knows, next time it might be Safeco Field. Fifteen of my nearest and dearest came to support me, including my mom and nephew Keith from Spokane. Adrienne, Keith and Carney all accompanied me on the field. The picture of Keith is of him looking up at Carney before I sang (can you tell the guy is 6 foot 5?). Keith and my niece Kelly loved Carney. In fact, Kelly asked him to move in with her. It is possible he cared more for them than he did for me but who can blame him? But I digress. It was an awesome experience. I hope to do it again next season. I wonder what other “impossible” feats I will tackle next.

2 comments:

Wenikio said...

Cute kid, but I swear I had to take a closer look- I thought he didn't have arms!!

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous! Wish I could have been there to support you too... How fun!!!