Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Joke

I love jokes. If you haven’t heard the one about the big orange head you are missing out. Here is one I heard on the radio the other day that I liked a lot – mostly because I wasn’t 100% sure I understood it so I had to think about it for a while.

A Jewish man comes to talk to a Rabbi with a problem. He says to the Rabbi, “I don’t know what to do. I have raised my son to be a faithful Jew. I gave him an excellent Jewish education, threw him a wonderful bar mitzvah party and everything was going well. The other day however he came to me and told me he wanted to become a Christian! I decided I had to come to you with this problem. What should I do?”

Well, the Rabbi responded by saying, “It is funny you should come to me. I too have raised my son to be a faithful Jew. I gave him an excellent Jewish, education and I also threw him a wonderful bar mitzvah party. He too recently came to me and told me he wants to become a Christian.”

The Jewish man said, “ Well Rabbi, what did you do?” The Rabbi said “I went directly to God and asked him the same question you are asking me now.” The Jewish man said to the Rabbi, “Well, what did he say?”

The Rabbi responded, “He said – it is funny you should come to me……”

No comments: