Friday, June 30, 2006

Sun in the Pacific Northwest

In response to my email saying I have no attention span which I sent to my friend Erica today she stated this: "You could blog how distracted you are on a sunny Friday in Seattle. Or, you could get the BEP going or PCD and pretend to be a gangsta lawyer for a while. ha ha" The funny thing is that is exactly what I did. So now I have Pussy Cat Dolls blasting from my computer, one of the partners just called and asked if he could join my party because he is bored and wants to be in the sun (Good little buddy Karl. This job wouldn't be the same without him.) and I am counting the hours until I can safely make my get away without showing just how distracted I truly am. How do you go from 5 1/2 days of vacation in the sun to sitting in an office at a desk getting an "office tan" and expect that you will really be productive? Yesterday was a good day, getting caught up and waking up the muscle I use more than any other during a regular workday, my brain, but then with a BBQ last night with some of my favorite people in the world and the high supposed to hit about 85 with little humidity today I have decided this work business is highly overrated. Erin and I always try to find "silver linings" when possible however, and today IS payday. That aspect is not overrated.

So last night I went over to my friend Adrienne's house for a BBQ. There were about 13 of us there. I always get so excited when I am around the group of people who were there. Sometimes I think I get a bit obnoxious. It is amazing to me how when it is the right group of people it is so easy to just sit around and shoot the proverbial shit. I mean looking back on the conversation, we talked about nothing for about four hours. It was so fun though. I can't get enough of that sort of thing. I told a friend of mine who lives out of state the other day that lately I feel like I have been blessed with a wonderful group of people to love. That is the best place to be. I wish a BBQ in the sun could happen everyday. This grown up stuff is for the birds. Stupid office tan.

1 comment:

KermitFan said...

Sometimes I think I get a bit obnoxious.

For the record, KT, I don't think that you get obnoxious. You're the life of the party, and your laughter is infectious. I love that about you!